Friday, December 28, 2012

From Snow to Sand

My winter break just transformed from snow and city life to sand and lazy days on the beach. I've just landed in Laguna Beach, California to ring in the New Year! It has been forever since I've been to the beach and even longer since visiting the West Coast. The minute I landed with my family to start our relaxing vacation, I was greeted with blue skies and palm trees swaying in the cool breeze. It was wonderful getting off the six hour flight to views of the Pacific Ocean and the inland mountains. 
(Snowflakes on the plane window)


Our cab ride from the airport through Orange County showed us a segment of the beauty of California. The mountains rose and fell on one side of the road, with buildings and shops nestled in their ridges, while the other side boasted houses with ocean front views. We definitely had more than enough time to absorb the incredible views, as we hit traffic on the enormous highway. Despite that, our friendly cab driver hit the gas and sped us to our destination at an impressive 85 mph whenever he could shake off the traffic. We made it to our Laguna Cliffs resort and after dropping our luggage in our suite, we pulled out our flip flops and walked down to the beach.

(Hanaa, Zaynee and I on Laguna Cliffs. Photo Credit to Hanaa!)


As the sun sunk lower and lower over the ocean, the beach cooled down. Thank goodness we brought sweatshirts! The sea breeze smelled fresh and the waves slapped the sand in a comforting way. It was nice to hear that familiar sound again; I've become so accustomed to sounds of the city and the noises in Summit that the sound of the waves were welcome. On the beach, we were able to watch the gorgeous colors of the sunset before heading back to the hotel for dinner and an evening of relaxing in front of the television. 

(Sunset over Laguna Beach)

I can already tell that this holiday is going to be one of the most restful, exciting, and enjoyable vacations. It's great that my entire family can once again go on vacation together, even though both Zaynee and I are at college. It feels just like old times!

(Below: View of our resort pool on Laguna Cliffs. Photo Credit to Hanaa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment